Recognition is an integral part of Queensbridge. Celebrating our pupils in all aspects of school life is a daily occurrence and reflective of our schools core values. Pupils are celebrated in a wide number of ways.
- Recognition points in lessons – visual to all parents/carers through EduLink One.
- Teacher feedback both verbal and within books.
- Values postcards sent on a weekly basis.
- Attendance recognition postcards.
- Daily canteen rewards from our duty teams and SLT for showing our values at social times.
- Headteacher Commendation.
As part of our commitment to recogntion it is essential that pupil voice plays a key role. Pupils were very keen to ensure that recognition points and high levels of attendance had a clear outcome. Pupils wanted regular events that they could work towards and as a result, the first wave of events will see:
- Monthly recognition and attendance celebration breakfasts in all year groups.
- Weekly pupils of the week, receiving a Headteachers Commendation and free book of choice.
- Half termly celebration events decided by pupils.
- Termly celebration trips – the first of which will see pupils travel to the West End to see Wicked and meet the cast and pupils going for a meal and Bowling to Broadway Plaza.
As we move through the year, more recognition events will be announced, an end of year celebration is planned, alongside many more events and trips.